Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Learning About Home Care

The next day Ann didn't waste any time putting me on the staffing desk with the other two coordinators.  I got a tour of the client intake books.   My first job was to take incoming calls, introduce myself to clients and pass the call to one of the two ladies.  That went on for a while and then I was told to start calling the employees and get their availability.  This was a process that was on going as we had to know who was available when a client called for help.  At the end of the day we had to provide our night time coordinator, who worked in the office until 11 pm and then handled the calls from home over night, a list of who was available for that night and early the next morning. I learned later that this duty was roundly disliked by everyone and therefore was something I was going to have to be continuously monitoring.

Just after lunch time I got a call from my real estate agent who had finally gained access to the last house Jane and I saw from her car.  I asked Ann if I could go with her to see the place and of course she agreed.  She picked me up and we got on the loop headed to a subdivision called Camelot!  The whole concept of  highways called loops was something new to me.  Nonetheless, there were inner and outer loops to get you around the city.  Camelot was a relatively new subdivision, especially considering our last home was in St. Louis and probably built during the 1920's.  The place was on a cul de sac, two stories with a nice fenced back yard and a two car garage.  The front door opened to a center hall stairway with a living room to the left and a dining room to your right.  As you walked down the hall you ended up in the family room, which was adjacent to an eat in kitchen.  On the  other end of the family room was the master bed and bath.  Upstairs had three more bedrooms and a Jack and Jill bathroom.  There was also a large walk in closet.  Really nice!
I was very excited and pressed Carolyn about price.  She said the house had been on the market for some time and their might be room for negotiating the price down from the asking price of $70,000.  We headed back to her office to call Jane and talk about finances.  I sensed that this would become our new home!

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    My name is Megan Wilson. I've just visited your website http://ramsbergerremembers.blogspot.com/ and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website. I can offer you a HOME PAGE link back from 2 of my Home Improvement Guide websites wich are:

    http://www.aitong120.com/ page rank 3
    http://www.aganelektronik.com/ page rank 2

    If you are interested, please add the following information to your website and kindly let me know when it's ready. I'll do the same for you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from yoursite.


    Title: Road Sweeper Hire
    URL: http://www.sweepers.priorityplant.com/
    Description: A wide range of quality new road sweeping equipment for hire from Priority Plant.

    I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time.

    Best regards;

    Megan Wilson
    megan.wilson@aitong120.com
    Web Marketing Consultant


    PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A SPAM OR AUTOMATED EMAIL, IT'S ONLY A REQUEST FOR A LINK EXCHANGE. YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS NOT BEEN ADDED TO ANY LISTS, AND YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED AGAIN.IF YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE SURE WE DON'T CONTACT YOU AGAIN, PLEASE FILL IN THE FOLLOWING FORM: HTTP://WWW.NOMOREMAILS.COM; OR WRITE AN EMAIL TO STOP@NOMOREMAILS.COM.PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES FOR CONTACTING YOU.

    ReplyDelete